Dentists give equal prominence to oral health and oral aesthetics. The branch of dentistry that is dedicated to improving the appearance of the smile is called cosmetic dentistry. Some of the common services included are teeth whitening, ceramic crowns, dental bridges, composite bonding, implants, gum contouring, etc.
Importance of cosmetic dentistry
An ideal oral setup comprises healthy teeth and gums that are functionally and aesthetically perfect. When it comes to cosmetic dentistry, we extensively concentrate on making your smile appear more pleasing. This helps to increase your self-confidence and allows you to interact with people in a better way. You can naturally sport a more confident smile that could draw in a lot of compliments.
Cosmetic dental procedures
- Teeth whitening:Teeth whitening is one of the most common cosmetic procedures that we perform. Though it is quite a simple procedure, the effect it can bring about on the appearance of the teeth is a massive one. Your teeth appear whiter, and you can smile without feeling too conscious of the dull teeth.
- Ceramic crowns:Ceramic crowns are widely used to restore teeth that are out of shape, cracked, worn out, or too weak to sustain by themselves. The crown would cover a tooth in its entirety and bring about a positive aesthetic change.
- Bridges: Bridges are prosthetic restorations that are used to replace missing natural teeth. Whenever a tooth is extracted due to causes such as cavities, external trauma, gum diseases, etc., the mouth's functionality will be altered. Also, the smile would become displeasing in appearance. Bridges can be used to reverse such negative effects and give you a perfect smile.
- Implants: An alternative to bridges, implants are known to be the best solution to replace missing teeth. They are fixed to the jawbone of the patient and mimic the appearance of the tooth that has been extracted.
- Gum contouring:The appearance of the gums plays a significant role in giving you an aesthetically pleasing smile. But, gum diseases can make the gums appear decayed and out of shape, thereby ruining the smile. Gum treatment consists of processes such as gum surgery, gum graft, and gum recontouring to make it appear as pleasing as possible.
- Orthodontics:Orthodontic care is used to align the teeth in the best way possible. This improves the functionality of the teeth as well as the aesthetics. Hence, we suggest orthodontic appliances such as dental braces and Invisalign to get rid of the malocclusion and give you perfectly aligned teeth.
Some of the other common cosmetic dental procedures are composite bonding, fillings, dentures, oral surgery, etc.
You may schedule a consultation with our team of dental experts by calling us at (925) 566-8738 or reaching us through an online query. We’re always happy to help.